Monday, August 9, 2010

Preparations

Its a weird feeling to spend more money than I ever have before on something as intangible as rent for the next 4 months. But each preparation like this makes my trip feel that much closer to reality. I have surprised myself with the lack of concern or worry I have felt, which is awesome! Who would want to waste time feeling anything but excitement about such a great experience. I really think that talking to my sister and sharing in her experiences abroad has really settled any anxiety I would have had. In reality, its just geography.

Also, I would like to thank everyone who has offered up contacts of friends and family that may be in Africa when I will be there. I appreciate all the help and advice! So if anyone else out there has any info that would be beneficial just shoot me a comment, I love being prepared :)

Speaking of which, the daunting task of packing up my life in less than 50 lbs. is looming in the distance. I am very much an over packer (who wouldn't want to be totally over prepared for everything?) so this is going to be the challenge of a lifetime. I'm heading to cross country camp for a week on Wednesday so in order to get into a more minimalist mindset I will only be taking a backpack. I am actually looking forward to having fewer choices. Gives me time for more important things, like running :)

No comments:

Post a Comment