Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Red Tape: My Nemesis

So despite my best efforts to stay calm about this trip, the process of procuring a visa is beginning to unnerve me. Unfortunately for me, I have had to wait on some documents from the places I will be working for and staying with while in South Africa. This means applying for a visa much later than I would like to be. My five calls to the consulate in the past few weeks to make sure I have everything in order did not save me from having an incomplete application with less than two weeks from departure. Breathe. My sister and I have been playing the worst case scenario game and this has managed to put things in perspective. Yes I'm doing everything I can (Including going to the most sketch walk in clinic ever while visiting my dad in Florida, trying to sound like needing a chest x ray and physical in a state I don't really live in to leave the country is no big deal) and yes, I might have to change my travel plans slightly but I WILL MAKE IT TO SOUTH AFRICA. Everybody cross your fingers!

2 comments:

  1. Success! After assuring everyone at radiology that I didn't actually test positive for TB but that I needed an x ray to confirm, checked 3 more things off the list. Now for that pesky police clearance that nobody really knows what it is or how to get it lol.

    ReplyDelete