Monday, March 21, 2011

Come on, come on Turn a little faster Come on, come on The world will follow after



I have decided this week there will be a bulleted list of my doings. Mainly because my brain is scattered this evening but also due to the fact many are just short hilarious notes I want to share instead of the usual long stories...

1. Seeing the super-full moon while on a run through this beautiful country = an awesome feeling of contentment. Great way to feel re-energized after a week of not so great running.
2. Having 3 people asking me where I'm from because they overheard (way to be creepers) my accent. Really people, I swear I have been here the whole time :) but seriously, still kind of trips me out because I'm getting so used to having accents around me I forget I'm the only one that stands out to them.
3. Went to the Hout Bay Sunday craft market for the first time this week and bought myself 3 mini cacti. They are now my friends that sit on my windowsill soaking up the sun. Also purchased a pair of aviators from a street vendor (due to the fact it had come to my attention in my extensive collection of sunglasses i did not have the classic gem amongst them). Very proud of my impulse buys :)
4. Devoted literally an entire day to reading. Soooo fantastical.
5. Managed to get sunburnt on the first day of autumn. Awesome.
6. Having the day off due to a public holiday (Human Rights Day) and realizing its a double bonus, one: you have an extra day of weekend, two: you have a shortened work week. I realize this is obvious but it made me happier none the less. Also felt great that on this day some girls asked me to sign a petition to help them get a place for their community group to meet regularly. Human Rights.
7. Finally getting to run trails at the Silvermine Reserve due to the awesomeness of having a day off of work to spend at my leisure. Trail race is only a month away, better get practicing! Still freak out every time I hear the scuffling sound of death that is my foot nearly slipping off a boulder.
8. Best end to a run ever, swimming in Silvermine reservoir. Its a lake next to the trails that is just perfect for playing around in and get this, it has red water! For those who are thinking slasher films or weird algae think again. The fynbos (thin bush in Afrikaans) that grows around here is related to the rooibos (red bush) plant used to make red tea. So the water picks up the pigment as it makes its way to the lake and allows you to have a crazy tea pool to swim in!
9. Getting up early most days this week to fetch birthday packages from the post office (which is only open until 4:15 every day, so the only way to get mail is to wake up earrrrrly to get it before work) and in the process extend my bday celebration while becoming a regular customer at a new coffee shop I found.
10. Not only getting silly bandz from my mom for my birthday, but also discovering that the GLOW IN THE DARK (although at the time I was mildly concerned about having a fluorescent light radiating from my wrist as I shut off the light)

Ok well that was my week/ weekend in a nutshell. Stay tuned for more of the same :)

No comments:

Post a Comment