Friday, September 3, 2010

THANK GOODNESS!

Good news everyone! After a early morning road trip to the South African Consulate in Chicago (during which I very nearly threw up from anxiety) and a little chit-chat with a friendly receptionist about an hour before the office opened I have FINALLY acquired my volunteer visa! We decided it was my mix of conviction with a hint of desperation I exuded when explaining my situation along with the assurance that I would stay at their office until close to make sure I left with my visa. Thank you so much K for spending a long day with me and attempting to calm me down (but really, how calm can an overly caffeinated Sarah be) during an incredibly stressful day. Couldn't have done it without you! Now nothing stands in my way from taking off Sunday for Cape Town!

2 comments:

  1. yesssssssssssssssssssssssss SOOOO happy about this

    ReplyDelete
  2. Eeek I am SO HAPPY you made it! Especially with all of that anxiety and caffeine. What can possibly stop you now!? Your trip is going to ROCK.

    ReplyDelete